Frequently Asked Questions
The Municipal Court staff is more than happy to help you find answers to your questions. However, by law, we can only help you in certain ways. Before contacting us, please review the
What we can do
We can tell you how to find laws, court rules and procedures. We also assist you with court schedules, and how to get something scheduled. We can give you suggested resources for finding a lawyer and also how to find public information on case files. We can refer you to court forms, rules, instructions and also sell you copies of public court documents. We can also tell you how to pay your fines, fees, and outstanding account balances.
What we cannot do
We cannot tell you what to say in court, who to sue, and whether or not you should file a case. We cannot provide legal advice, contact a lawyer on your behalf, or refer you to specific lawyers. We also cannot tell you how we think your case will turn out. When filling out legal forms, we cannot tell you how to fill them out, nor can we fill them out on your behalf. And we absolutely cannot change a judge's order nor arrange a private meeting with a judge.
- How do I make payment arrangements ?
- How do I quash my Puyallup Municipal Court warrant?
- Is Milton Municipal Court also at the Puyallup Court location?
- I’ve received a summons letter for jury duty. How do I request an excusal?
- What happens if I’ve missed my court date?
- What if my fine is in collections?
- What is a red light camera ticket?
- What is community service and where do I perform it?
- Where is Puyallup & Milton Municipal Court located?
- How do I apply for a public defender?
- I cannot appear at my court date. Can I reset it?
- How do I get my driver's license reinstated?
- Does a photo ticket go on my driving record?
- How can I search for a person for their custody status and location?
- How do I get help for Domestic Violence?
- How do I vacate a conviction or delete criminal history?
- Can we get married at your court?
- Can I file for divorce at your court?
- How do I know if I live within the Puyallup City Limits?
- Where is the City of Puyallup Municipal Court?